Out of Town Patient Guide
Dr. Jamshidinia is one of the most sought after podiatrists in the world and has treated over 10,000 patients. Patients continue to travel from different parts of the globe to receive the top bunion treatment in the world from Dr. Jamshidinia. We strive to ensure each patient has a comfortable and stress free visit. For our out of town patients, we aim to make the visit as seamless as possible from the initial consultation to the flight back home.
Be Bunion-Free in 5 Easy Steps!
- Step 1: Verify your eligibility and expected costs of this surgery with your insurance company or if you are paying out of pocket you can speak with our scheduler Jennipher Barrihona who can help with estimated costs as well as CareCredit Financing options. We also accept Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Discovery. Important to note: Bunions are a medical condition and are covered by most health insurance plans. You can call us to get help on Insurance Verification of coverage.
- Step 2: Contact us with the details of your bunion. Send over all necessary lab work, weight bearing photos of your feet taken from the top and from the side, weight-bearing X-rays of both feet and medical documents to our offices several weeks before your surgery. You will then select a few surgery dates that work best for you. We generally operate on Tues AM or Friday Afternoons and have a several week waiting lists. Scheduling a few months in advance is ideal. We will work with you to best accommodate your schedule. 2 weeks prior to your surgery you will need to see your Primary Care Doctor have a full History and Physical Exam so that your primary care doctor can clear you for IV Sedation and your procedure. Your doctor may do labs and/or EKG/chest x-ray to fully evaluate you on a case by case basis if indicated based on your history and any medical problems you may have.
- Step 3: We ask that you arrive in Los Angeles at least 2 days prior to your Pre-Operative Appointment with the Doctor. This Appt will take approx 1 hour to sign paperwork and get fitted for your post-operative boot as well as go over the details of the type of surgery you will be having. It is required to make this appointment well in advance. We recommend you come into our office at least a few days before the procedure (please make an appointment several weeks ahead of time) to have a consultation with Dr. Jamshidinia and discuss all pre and postoperative instructions and prescriptions and to make arrangements for travel back to your state of origin and for follow-up care with a qualified physician who can give you the aftercare. Dr. Jamshidinia recommends that you stay in Los Angeles for at least 2-3 weeks for the beginning half of your recovery. Generally speaking recovery from most Bunion Surgery is 6-8 weeks during which you will be walking in a Cam Walker Boot. If it is impossible to stay at least 2-3 weeks we recommend leaving 10 days to post surgery as long as prior arrangements have been made with a qualified foot surgeon in your country/state/city of origin.
- Step 4:After your surgery, Dr. Jamshidinia will schedule a follow-up appointment. During this appointment, he will evaluate your healing process, address any questions and give you any last postoperative instructions.
- Step 5: Enjoy the amazing results of your bunion surgery! Dr. Jamshidinia is dedicated to ensuring that all his patients have smooth recoveries. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Dr. Jamshidinia and his friendly staff.
We recommend that you travel with a friend or family member so there is someone to take care of you post surgery and ensure a seamless recovery process.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) located in Los Angeles and Bob Hope Airport (BUR) located in Burbank are the two airports nearest to our office in Beverly Hills.
Put your feet in the hands of Los Angeles’ most trusted podiatric bunion surgeon, Dr. Jamshidinia. If you have any further questions please contact us at 310-579-2080 and alleviate your pain today.